Devon Energy Corp (DVN): Today's Featured Energy Laggard
By TheStreet Wire - 08/01/12 - 5:01 PM EDT
Tickers in this article: DVNDevon Energy (DVN) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Devon Energy fell $1.97 (-3.3%) to $57.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.5 million shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.98-$58.95 after having opened the day at $58.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.12. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: Gasco Energy (GSX), down 28.6%, Recovery Energy (RECV), down 17.9%, GeoMet (GMET), down 14.1%, and GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), down 11.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Tickers in this article: DVN
Latest news from section
See all news From StreetWire