Philip Morris International Inc. (PM): Today's Featured Tobacco Laggard
By TheStreet Wire - 09/12/12 - 5:01 PM EDT
Tickers in this article: PMEditor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Philip Morris International (PM) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Philip Morris International fell $1.71 (-1.9%) to $86.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.8 million shares of Philip Morris International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.11-$88.59 after having opened the day at $88.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.38. Other companies within the Tobacco industry that declined today were: Lorillard (LO), down 4.3% and Star Scientific (STSI), down 2.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Philip Morris International Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Tickers in this article: PM
Latest news from section
See all news From StreetWire